Not one, but two of the show’s entertaining hosts will head into Thursday’s Day 2abc session with greater than three times the 60,000-chip starting stack.
Eric “Barstool Nate” Nathan finished the 12-hour session with 201,300 chips, while his co-host and long-time Barstool content creator Adam “Smitty” Smith went back to his hotel enthusiastic about bagging 184,600 chips, well above the average stack.
BIG BAGS AHOY: We’re going to Day 2 with 184K. Beyond gravy. For perspective, the highest stack I had in my previou… https://t.co/6cWjw7EAcW
For “Barstool Nate,” this isn’t the first time he’s been in such a position. In 2017, he bagged 228,000 on Day 1 and was riding high, but fell short of the money. Last year, he infamously bluffed it all off on Day 1 with the suited four-three. But not this year. On Tuesday, everything seemed to go right for the University of Maryland alum.
“Man, it was good from the jump,” Nathan told PokerNews. “I won hands early, flopped well, rivered a couple of straights at the early levels and just steadily chipped up.”
At dinner break, he had around 126,000 before being moved to a different table. The table switch wasn’t initially a positive for the long-time Barstool Sports blogger. He quickly dropped more than 25% of his stack, “and then it all turned back around by playing good and flopping better,” he said.
“Just solid play and solid run of cards,” Nathan said of his overall performance on Day 1c.
Smith, aka “General Spank,” had a similar run on the first day of poker’s world championship event. The Philadelphia Eagles fanatic and Cracking Aces co-host will march on to Day 2 with over 200 big blinds.
Day 1d of the Main Event, the final opening session, kicks off at 11 a.m. Wednesday in what is expected to be the largest starting flight in the tournament’s 53-year history. In order to accommodate for such high demand, the WSOP made the call earlier this week to move the Day 1c survivors from Day 2cd (Friday) to the Day 2ab (Thursday) session. Ten-handed play is almost a certainty on Day 1d.
- 1 Officials Offer First Look at 2022 WSOP; Answer Several Lingering Questions
- 2 Bally’s & Paris: Your Guide to the New Home of the World Series of Poker (WSOP)
- 3 Negreanu, Deeb (as Expected) Highest Bids in $25k WSOP Fantasy Draft
- 4 WSOP Transportation Guide: Riding the Las Vegas Strip Monorail
- 5 Let the Games Begin: 2022 WSOP is Officially Underway
- 6 Phil Hellmuth Misses 2022 WSOP Opener After Bout of Traveler’s Diarrhea
- 7 Kenney, Schindler & Imsirovic Arrive at 2022 WSOP Despite Recent Cheating Allegations
- 8 Phil Ivey is Back! Poker G.O.A.T. Cashes First 2022 WSOP Event
- 9 Baltimore Raven Calais Campbell at WSOP: “We Have Super Bowl Potential”
- 10 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Katie Kopp Becomes Bally’s First-Ever Bracelet Winner
- 11 WSOP Player of the Year Race One Week In: Defending Champ Arieh Off and Running
- 12 ClubGG Offers Bubble Protection For Eight 2022 WSOP Events
- 13 Doyle Brunson Skipping 2022 WSOP Due to COVID-19 Concerns
- 14 Retired NBA Star Paul Pierce Allegedly Won’t Pay His Poker Debts
- 15 Scott Seiver Pays $43k to Enter $1k WSOP Event, Fails to Cash
- 16 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Lara Eisenberg Talks Poker’s Impact on Dementia
- 17 2022 WSOP Hands of the Week: Depaulo vs. Hellmuth, a Pure One Outer & a Royal Flush
- 18 Reigning World Champ Koray Aldemir Quietly Crushing it at 2022 WSOP
- 19 2022 WSOP Player of the Week 2: Jeremy Ausmus Wins Third Bracelet in 9 Months
- 20 Hellmuth Controversy at WSOP: Poker Brat’s Chips Swiped on Break
- 21 Security Mistakenly Tries to Kick Out Neymar Jr. After He Cashes First WSOP Event
- 22 Breaking News: Phil Ivey Closing in on Elusive 11th WSOP Bracelet Tonight
- 23 Doyle Brunson Becomes a WPT Ambassador, Might Play WSOP Main Event
- 24 World Series of Daniel’s? Zack, Weinman (But Not Negreanu) Lead POY Race
- 25 WSOP $250,000 Super High Roller Kicks Off; Ivey, Negreanu and Kenney All Enter
- 26 Ali Imsirovic Busts WSOP $250K Super High Roller on Brutal Cooler
- 27 Cruising in the $250k, Is 2022 One of Phil Ivey’s Best WSOP’s Ever?
- 28 Runner-Runner Bad Beat Tilts Negreanu; Poker Star Out of WSOP $250k
- 29 Navy Vet Reps Military Charity During WSOP Salute to Warriors Event
- 30 2022 WSOP Featured Females: Meet Wendeen Eolis, 1st Woman to Ever Cash Main Event
- 31 Dan Zack Still Leads WSOP POY Race; Ivey, Deeb within Striking Distance
- 32 888poker Pro Ian Simpson Gears Up for 2022 WSOP Main Event
- 33 Poker Players Who Have Defended Their WSOP Bracelet
- 34 How to Make Day 2 of the Million Dollar Bounty
- 35 Poker Player Wins WSOP Main Event Satty in His Sleep…Literally
- 36 Josh Arieh Flushed Out of WSOP Main Event Early; Four Past Champs in Day 1a
- 37 2022 WSOP Hands of the Week: Yuvee Loses $50K to Pair of Deuces; Ivey Hits Ace from Space
- 38 BREAKING: Phil Hellmuth at 2022 WSOP $3,000 NLH Final Table, Chasing 17th Bracelet
- 39 Will the 2022 WSOP Main Event Smash the Attendance Record?
- 40 Barstool Sports’ Cracking Aces Podcast Hosts Crush it on Main Event Day 1
- 41 WSOP Main Event Railbird Pays Back Daniel Negreanu Four-Year “Debt”
- 42 Matt Glantz Finds the $1 Million WSOP Bounty
- 43 BREAKING: WSOP Main Event Day 2 Schedule Altered
- 44 Aces Bust Kings 15 Minutes into Day 1b of WSOP Main Event