Discover how to make maine lobster rolls with this recipe from The Landmark, Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong. Follow us on Instagram @mo_hotels or subscribe for new recipes every Friday.
600g Maine Lobster, cooked
3 tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
2 Inner Celery Stalks and Leaves
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
Fine Sea Salt
2 Potato Rolls or Hot Dog Buns
Butter, room temperature
1. Remove the meat from the lobster shell, taking care to remove any cartilage from the meat. Then cut the lobster meat into bite sized chunks.
2. Separate the celery leaves from the stalks. Finely chop the celery stalks, and reserve the celery leaves for the top of the lobster roll.
3. In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, chopped celery stalk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning with salt to your liking. Place the mixture in a cooler and allow the mixture to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Using a spatula, butter the two cut sides of
the potato roll.
5. Place a nonstick pan over medium heat, then brown both sides of the buttered potato roll until golden brown.
6. Once browned, stuff the rolls with the lobster mixture.
7. Garnish the lobster roll with the reserved celery leaves, and a little extra Old Bay Seasoning.